Monday, April 30, 2012

BBQ Sausage

Happy Monday everyone! To start the day off, I thought I'd share an easy little recipe with you. My cousin got this recipe from my grandma and then passed it on to me, so I thought I'd pass it on to you! I did edit the recipe slightly to decrease the time, but other than that, it is exactly the same.

Ingredients:
-1 pound Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage
***You can use any variety of this, this is just the one I have found to work the best

-1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
***I usually use original but again, you can use any variety
-1 cup water

NOTE: You'll want to use a pan that is small enough to cover your sausage completely in liquid. If not, the sausage will be over-cooked! For an example of what I'm talking about, see the picture at the end of the post.

To start, preheat your oven to 325°. Take a oven safe pan that has an oven-safe lid* and pour in the BBQ sauce & water. Mix the BBQ sauce and water together and set aside. Cut up your sausage into bite sized pieces and place in your BBQ mixture. Next, Stir everything together until well coated and bake 35 minutes with the lid on. After this, remove the lid, and bake the sausage at 350° for an additional 15 minutes.
*If you are using a pan that doesn't have a lid, you can cover the top of the pan with foil and it should work exactly the same

That's it! This is pretty much the easiest entree you could ever make and it tastes good! Daniel and I have made this as our main dish, topping for baked potatoes, and as an appetizer at a party. The list of things you can do with this simple little meal is endless! See the finished product below and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment