Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Casserole


Alright guys, confession time. I hate casseroles. Seriously, the thought of a casserole grosses me out. The thought of multiple ingredients mixed together in 1 pan is just not my thing, so when I saw this recipe here I was less than thrilled to try it. To my surprise... this thing is GOOD! Even for casserole haters like me, it's a treat.

Since Thanksgiving is a time when there are plenty of casseroles around, I thought I'd give you another casserole to add to your arsenal. Plus, this recipe is really easy!

Ingredients:
1/2 bag Shredded Frozen Hash browns
16 oz. Sour Cream
1 packet Dry Ranch Mix
3 oz. bacon bits (or about 10-12 slices cooked & crumbled bacon)
1 cup of your favorite cheese (I used Colby Jack)

I used store bought bacon bits in this to save time, but the bacon bits can easily be made from regular bacon strips. Just cook your bacon strips and then crumble them up.

To make this casserole, preheat your oven to 400. Combine all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. Next, take an 8 x 8 square pan (or a 13 x 9 if you double the recipe) and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour your ingredient mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. Here is what your casserole should look like:


Bake your casserole for 45 min-1 hour (until the top is light brown & crispy). That's it! You are finished! Wasn't that easy? Here is a picture of your finished product:


Happy Cooking
& Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment