Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Green Beer


With St. Patrick's Day coming up this weekend, I thought I'd share a lovely little "recipe" with you! Now, I'm not Irish, BUT I love a St. Patty's Day celebration as much as the next girl. I've always thought it was so cool how bars serve green beer, I just never knew how easy it is!

Ingredients:
3-5 drops of green food coloring
1 can or bottle of your favorite beer

As most beer is, this is ALWAYS better in a frosty mug so if you have a mug on hand, stick that sucker in the freezer!

There is really only one trick to doing this: pour the food coloring in first. If you put the beer in first you will end up stirring your beer to mix in the food coloring... which will make it flat. Flat beer is gross PURE DISGUSTING. Just drop your food coloring into your mug and then pour in your beer (at an angle so it doesn't get foamy!!).

It doesn't matter if you use light or dark beer, you will just have to use more food coloring for darker beers. I used Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy since it's pretty much the best beer I have ever had. Seriously, you should try some ASAP. I think it's a Polish beer so if you want to be a little more authentic, you should probably use something Irish (but it's my fav!!!). I also did one with Miller Lite, they both looked the same.


Anyways, here is a picture of your final product.


I didn't have a real mug so I used the one I have from when I visited Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Florida (hints, the ButterBeer logo). I felt VERY grown up drinking beer out of a Harry Potter cup. :)


These would be great to make at your St. Patty's Day party!

Have a safe and fun St. Patty's Day Celebration!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment