Thursday, September 5, 2013

Roasted Okra


Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I have given you a quick and easy side recipe to make. I love this recipe because it doesn't have very many ingredients, is easy to make, and can really go with almost any meal.

Did I mention how good roasted okra is? Before trying this I had only ever had fried okra. We southerners love our fried food so I didn't think this would be very good. Let me tell you... fried okra totally pales in comparison with roasted okra. It's so good! If you like okra, you won't be disappointed and even if you don't give it a try! It kind of tasted like a french fry (the crunchy & salty part)!

When making this I usually buy a whole box of okra and we eat the whole thing in 1 night. YUM.

Ingredients:
-fresh okra (as much or as little as you want)
-olive oil
-sea salt (you can use regular salt but it tastes SO MUCH BETTER with sea salt)
-pepper

To make this preheat your oven to 425. I like to cut my okra into bite sized pieces but it can be made whole if you would like. I would definitely cut the tops off to make it easier to eat.


Next, lay your okra out on a foil lined pan and drizzle with olive oil. I always take a cooking brush and rub the olive oil on evenly but if you don't have one you can just move the okra around the pan until it's all coated. Finally sprinkle your okra with sea salt and pepper to your taste preferences. I never measure here, I just sprinkle it on like I would normally sprinkle salt and pepper on food. Here is what it should look like:


Bake your okra for 10-15 minutes. Here is what the finished product looks like:


YUM! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as a do! Leave your feedback in the comments below!

This recipe has been adapted from The Key Ingredient.

0 comments:

Post a Comment