Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pinwheels


I'm a bad blogger lately. I know... it's been about a millennium since I last posted. Every night when I get home from work I have the intention of posting, but then I settle into the couch and am usually extremely lazy for the rest of the night. Excuses... I know, but that's really what I'm doing. The extra weight on my behind is there for proof.

Also, I apologize in advance for the pictures. I took them at about 5 am when the lighting wasn't the greatest. Don't let the crappiness take away from the food, it's good.

Since Halloween is a week from today (wooh!) I decided to bring myself out of the funk and give you a crowd pleaser for your Halloween party. Don't forget to check out my Halloween Party post from last year and the Recipes tab for more ideas!

These go the fastest at every party I have ever taken them to... except the two parties that I forgot to set them out. Try em, you'll love them! The great thing about this recipe is that you pretty much just put in whatever you have. It's one of those everything but the kitchen sink kind of things. The only thing mandatory is the tortilla, cream cheese, and sour cream!

Ingredients:
1 package of tortillas
1 block of cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Garlic powder (optional)
Minced onions (optional)
whatever else you have in your fridge (I usually add in some ham or bell peppers but you can literally put in whatever you want!)

To make these, mix up all your ingredients. You can add whatever seasonings you want, but I usually just keep it simple with some garlic. Once you have your ingredients mixed, drop a dollop of your mixture onto your tortillas and roll up.



I also always add a little extra to the ends to make sure the tortilla is completely filled. This also makes the end pieces extra good! This does use a lot of your mixture though so if you want your pinwheels to go further (have more of them), just cut off the ends.


Next, I cover them and put them in the freezer for about 45 minutes-1 hour. This helps them harden up so when you cut them they don't squish down flat. This isn't mandatory, I just think it makes the final product look better. They may be a little bit frozen but they will unfreeze by the time you finish cutting them all up.

Once you have them cooled down, pull them out of freezer and cut them into 1/2-1 inch pieces. Arrange on platter and wah-lah, you are done!


Like I said earlier, I'm a bad blogger and have bad pictures for this post. This is the only picture I got of the final product. Next time I make these I will update the pictures but for now, this is what we have! Enjoy! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment