Tuesday, December 10, 2013

3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler



Hey Everyone! I have missed you so much but I have been incredibly busy lately. I missed all your smiling faces :).

Today, I wanted to post something that a women I go to church with gave me the recipe for. This dessert is SO GOOD and SO EASY... my favorite combination! My husband requests this dessert on a regular basis and I frequently make it for parties we attend. This is the perfect quick dessert for any holiday parties you are attending! I brought this to work as a Thanksgiving treat a couple weeks ago and it was demolished. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! :)

This is also supposedly healthy. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I'm going with it so I can eat more of it. :)

Ingredients:
-1 large bag of frozen mixed berries (I like to get the bags without strawberries because they get all funky when you cook the cobbler.... I have found Target or Kroger to be the best place for these)
-1 can Sprite Zero (or Diet Sprite)
-1 box white cake mix WITHOUT pudding

To make this dessert, preheat your oven to 325. Next, place your frozen berries in a 13 x 9 pan.


Next, pour your cake mix over the top of the berries. The important step here is to NOT mix the cake mix and berries, you want it in layers. In true cobbler form, you want fruit on bottom, bread on top. Here is what it should look like at this point.


Now, pour your can of Sprite over the top of your cake mix slowly and try to cover as much of the cake mix as possible. You won't be able to completely wet the cake mix but as long as you get it mostly wet you are fine. Also, don't be alarmed when your sprite fizzes on top of the cake mix, it's normal. If you look closely at the picture below you can see the fizzing.


Now pop your cobbler in the oven for 45 minutes-1 hour. It's really hard to over cook this cobbler so just check every 5 minutes or so after the 45 minute mark. Your cobbler is done when it is light brown on top.


Yum! Pop that sucker into individual serving bowls and go to town. You will have a hard time containing yourself... its like crack cobbler. Everyone say thank you to Sara for sharing this recipe!


ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment