Thursday, August 23, 2012

Breakfast Ring



In looking at my blog, I realized that it was sorely lacking anything breakfast related. I LOVE BREAKFAST really at anytime of the day, so this was sad to me. When I stumbled upon this recipe, I knew I had to try it. You can see the original post here.

I used bacon in my breakfast ring but you can substitute any meat you would like. You can also add in whatever vegetables you would like. If you do decide to add more ingredients, reduce the number of eggs you use by 1-2. You don't want your ring to overflow!

Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls
5 eggs
1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (divided in half)
8 slices of bacon

To start off, preheat your oven to 375°. Next step is to prepare your eggs and bacon. The eggs should be scrambled which can be done by beating them and then cooking them in a pan you have sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. The bacon can be done a couple ways. You can buy pre-cooked bacon, you can cook your bacon in the microwave (time depends on thickness and number of pieces), or you can cook it on the stove top. I always use the stove top because I find the other methods mediocre at best. Once your bacon is cooked, crumble it into pieces. This can be done by hand or in a food chopper. Once your bacon and eggs are prepared, set them aside.

Take you baking sheet and place a piece of foil or parchment paper on top. Then, place your crescent rolls into the shape of a star (points facing out). It took me a couple times to get this right, so don't worry if you have to move them around a little. You want them to overlap and leave a circle in the middle just big enough for all the points to touch. Here is what mine looked like:


Now, take half of your cheese and sprinkle it on the ring. It should look something like this:


Next, do the same thing with your bacon pieces, eggs, and the remaining cheese. Finally, fold the edges of your crescent rolls into the center and push them down into the circle in the middle. Once you have all the points in the center, push them down to seal them together. Your ring should look like this before it goes into the oven:

 
Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Here is the finished product:
 
 
After the official taste tester tried this, he said I was the "cooking master" so I would say it was a success.
 
Happy Cooking!!
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment