Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crispy Cheddar Chicken


Hey everyone! I hope you are having a good week so far. I always love to add recipes to my recipe box that are easy and everyone loves. I have one of those here for you today. You can read the original post here.

This recipe is easy to put together and tasty :) I hope you enjoy it! This version feeds two people, but this recipe is really easy to double/triple to fit your needs

Ingredients:
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers, smashed into crumbs
1/2-1 cup shredded cheese of your choosing
Milk
Dried Parsley
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Sour Cream

Tip: The easiest way to crush your crackers is to put them in a food chopper. If you don't have one of those, you can put your crackers into a ziplock bag and crush them with a meat tenderizer (spike side up!) or with a small pan by beating them.

To start off, preheat your oven to 400°. Place your chicken on a plate or in a bowl and pour enough milk over it to wet it. This doesn't have to be exact and you can't really use to much milk, the extra will just drip off. This is how I did it:

 
Next, place your cheese and cracker crumbs onto separate plates. Take one of your chicken breasts and dip it into your cheese and then dip it into your cracker crumbs. Once your breast is coated, place it in a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and repeat with your remaining chicken breast. Here are some pictures of my chicken as I went along.
 
Chicken covered in cheese
 
Chicken covered in cheese and cracker crumbs (crumbs should fill in the spaces between the cheese)
 
Chicken in the pan before cooking
 
Tip: Some of your crackers and cheese will fall off. To make my chicken a little better, I sprinkled some of the left over cheese and crackers onto the top of each chicken breast.
 
Once your chicken is in the pan, sprinkle some dried parsley on top. Cover your pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
 
When your chicken has about 5 minutes left, place your cream of chicken soup into a medium sized stove-top pan. Mix in the butter and sour cream and heat on medium heat until warm. Serve this sauce over your chicken to give it a little something extra. Here is a picture of my chicken right when it came out of the oven:
 
 
Adding some veggies on the side gives your dish some color and makes the dinner healthier!Here is a picture of my chicken with the sauce and the veggies I served with it.
 
 
Enjoy &
Happy Cooking!
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment