Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Grapefruit

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! The recipe I have for you today is a perfect little meal for mornings when you want something hot for breakfast and you don't have time to make a whole round of bacon & eggs (or tofu & eggs for my vegetarian friends :) ). At first glance, this recipe sounds a little strange... As a lover of all things grapefruit, I rarely meet a grapefruit recipe I am apprehensive about, but this one had me a little scared. Fear Not!! Trust me my friends, this recipe is excellent and will totally turn around your attitude! :)

Ingredients:
1 Grapefruit
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar

Turn your oven on to broil and let it heat up while you get your grapefruits ready. Slice your grapefruit in half and place both halves face up in an oven safe pan. In a small bowl, melt your butter and then mix in your cinnamon and brown sugar... your butter mixture should be paste-like at this point (bad analogy I know, but it's effective!). Spread your butter mixture over the top of your grapefruit halves and broil for 6 minutes. Here is what your little beauties will look like before the oven and when they come out:

Before:
 
After:

You should be able to easily scoop out your grapefruit pieces and they will taste awesome! While in the oven the sugars caramelize together making this recipe a vortex of sugary goodness :) Who knew you could get so excited about a grapefruit?!?

Happy Cooking
& Enjoy!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment