Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Southern-Style Sweet Tea


I'm a southern girl, and more importantly, a Texas girl. One thing we Texans are known for is our sweet tea. I know, I know, how hard could it be to make some sweet tea? Wellllllllllllll, northerners have been struggling with this for ages. There is a reason why there isn't any good tea north of the Red River ;). The ratio of tea to sugar is important to get your tea perfect, and I'm here to give you the secrets!

Ingredients:
2 Iced Tea bags
Approximately 1 Gallon of water
1 3/4 cup sugar

Tip: Any type of tea will work, BUT my favorite brand is Tetley. In my opinion, it has the best flavor!

To start off, place about 2 cups of your water into a small pot and boil it. Once your water has come to a rolling boil, drop your tea bags in and turn the burner off. Leave your pan on the burner with the burner off for about 10 minutes.

Next, pour your tea into the pitcher you are using, and add in your sugar and the rest of your water. I never measure out my water, I just have a gallon pitcher, so I add in the tea and sugar and then add enough water to fill it up. Stir until your sugar dissolves and you are ready to go! Here is a picture of this goodness over ice:


Don't you want to just drink it off the screen? Your tea should be good in your fridge for about a week or two.

Happy Cooking
& Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment