Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia


Sorry about not posting yesterday, I got busy and looked up and it was 10:30 p.m.! I hope you accept my apologies and enjoy this treat I have for you today.

I have to confess, I'm not much of a fish person. I really have to pump myself up to cook and eat it BUT this recipe is pretty good. I think I will be making it quite often! The good thing about it is, none of the ingredients have to be measured out exactly, so you can just use as little or as much as you want.

Ingredients (all are approx.):
3 Tilapia fillets (or however many you are cooking for)
2 Tbsp. butter
Garlic Powder
Parmesan
Parsley

To start off, preheat your oven to 400° and spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray. I used a 13x9, but the size really doesn't matter much, just as long as it's big enough to fit the fillets. Place one of your fillets onto a small plate. Melt your butter and then baste it on one side of your tilapia fillet. I have a basting brush that is really handy for this kind of thing, but if you don't have one you can use a spoon, it will get the job done! Once your tilapia is coated with some butter, sprinkle some garlic powder and parmesan on top. The amount you use is up to you, depending upon how much you like garlic and parmesan... I pretty much covered my fish in it (as you can see below! Place this side face down in your greased pan, and repeat the butter/garlic powder/parmesan combo on the remaining side. Repeat this with your remaining fillets and then sprinkle parsley on top of your fish. Here is what your fillets will look like before they go in the oven:

 
Bake your fillets for 10-12 minutes. Here is what the final product looks like:
 
 

 
They were awesome! I served them with mashed potatoes and asparagus (both coming in later posts) which just completed the meal.

Happy Cooking
& Enjoy!!!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment